Separation Agreement Adelaide

It can often be easier for parties to accept a real estate transaction and jointly request that it become a court order. This is called the “approval order.” No one needs to appear, not even the lawyers you represent. While approval decisions can be concluded without legal advice, you may be at risk if you result in a division of ownership by court order without first obtaining legal advice. We recommend that you get an advisor so that you are well informed of your potential rights and disadvantages before entering into the contract. If an agreement is reached, we recommend that the agreement be formalized as a decision of approval by the Family Court of Australia. If you and your ex-partner are still communicating, it is best to see if you can reach mutual agreement regarding your common property and wealth. Of course, before you do so, it is ideal to get independent legal advice so that you are aware of your rights and rights. Financial agreements also include marriage contracts with which Prenup`s lawyers from Beger and Co can help you. Paragraphs 90B-90KA of the Family Act 1975 deal with the financial agreements of the parties to the marriage.

Sections 90 AU-90UN apply to financial agreements made by common-partner couples. The Act provides for financial arrangements between common couples only if the parties to the relationship were normally established in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, southern Australia, Tasmania, the Australian Capital Territory, the Northern Territory or Norfolk Island when the agreement was reached. Real estate or financial compensation includes the distribution of assets and liabilities after a separation. There is a financial relationship, whether you are married or in a de facto relationship, and that relationship remains until an order is placed or a binding financial agreement is signed. Our Adelaide and South Australia Regional Family Lawyers can also discuss and prepare child care agreements when parents have agreed to each other on a different type of child care than child care assessment. If there is a disagreement, a party may be required to file a family court application to determine the transaction. This may mean that there will be a procedure to review the evidence before a decision is made. This can increase costs.

Once we know more about your situation, we can give you a written estimate of our costs. One of the fundamental principles of family law is that married couples must be separated for at least 12 months before they can file for divorce. Sometimes there may be differences of opinion as to when a couple actually separated or if they separated. It can help to understand some of the basics of separation. If it is not possible to reach an agreement at this conciliation conference, the case would be tried and the court would make a decision on the distribution of the relationship`s assets on the basis of the evidence presented. To achieve fair and reasonable management of real estate, it is important to get advice on real estate issues as soon as possible after separation. Adelaide Family Law is an expert in this area. Call us today on (08) 8410 9494 to arrange a meeting or email us at If you are faced with the breakdown of a marriage or a de facto relationship, there is much to consider. From real estate bills to financial agreements to child care agreements. But at Beger and Co, we`re here for you. We assist you in your divorce application, provide legal advice on property and finances, and help you obtain consent orders.

In the absence of a court decision or binding financial agreement, your informal agreement would be legally unenforceable under the Family Law and could be amended at a later date to your detriment.